4HOnline Animal Identification
4HOnline Animal Identification for Non-Market Animals
In order to declare your project animals in 4-H, all non-market animals (Dairy Cattle, Breeding Beef, Dog, Horse, Llama/Alpaca, Dairy Goats, Breeding Goats, Utility Goats, Fiber Goats, Breeding Sheep, Breeding Swine, Cavy) must be identified by April 26th of the current year using the species Animal Identification Form and uploaded on 4-HOnline enrollment. This form must be on file through 4HONLINE by the posted deadlines each year (last Friday in April). By submitting this form, the member is declaring they have ownership of the animal and are providing primary care of their project or is an official Lease-An-Animal 4-H project. (Excludes Rabbit, Poultry)
All members must complete an Animal ID on 4HOnline for each non-market animal in their project. Paper IDs will NOT be accepted. Animal IDs must also include uploading pictures, brand inspections and/or vet records if applicable.
If you have changes to make after you have verified your animal ID or need help uploading documents, contact Lisa Wallace at the Extension Office (303) 678-6238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members showing at the Boulder County Fair or Colorado State Fair are only eligible to show the animals they have ID completely (including required pictures/records) on 4HOnline by the deadline. Market animals and poultry and rabbits are the only ones exempt from the 4honline identification.
Many 4-Hers wonder whether they should ID all the animals they own or just concentrate on one animal they plan to show. This is a personal preference for each individual 4-Her. Usually, 4-Hers are only working with one animal at a time, others have more animals they own, but don’t necessarily plan to show. Either way, all animals that have been ID as a project animal are required to be in your Project record book. Leaders and record book judges will check this before fair and when project books are turned. If all the animals aren’t included, the 4-Her will be ineligible for fair and/or receive an incomplete on their records.
Deadline to participate in Fair: April 26th (unless animals born after this)
Animal ID tips and tricks:
- Read the requirements for each animal and the needed documents. You will most likely need pictures of you with your animal showing any distinguishing marks of the animal.
- You may need proof of ownership (bill of sale or brand papers)
- When filling out the online form, the titles of the areas in BOLD: are required. Other areas are not required to be entered manually. Most data will be completed on the forms.
- Upload the Animal Identification form under the “COUNTY USE FORM”
- Upload the Animal Identification form under EACH animal. (it can have multiple animals on the form.
- Cavies go under “Small Pet”
- Dairy Cattle- Upload the Registration Papers or the Brand Release form for proof of ownership. These are uploaded under “Dairy Cows Registration Papers.”
- If animals are born after the April 26th deadline, you will need to follow the directions on the form and turn in HARD COPIES of the forms on those animals to the Extension office. No other hard copies will be accepted.
NEW for 2018-2019 – NON-MARKET ANIMAL ID:
- Breeding Beef ID form
- Breeding Goat ID form
- Breeding Sheep ID form
- Breeding Swine ID form – non-Fair animals only
- CAVY ID form
- Dairy Cattle ID form
- Dairy Goat ID form
- Dairy Goat ID form – BABY GOATS
- Fiber Goat ID form
- Utility Goat ID form
- Utility Goat ID form – BABY GOATS
- HORSE – height, birth date, premise ID, three pictures (front, left side, right side)
- DOG – current vet immunization record (showing rabies and parvo), one picture
Deadline to participate in Fair:
- Dog – April 26th
- Horse – April 26th
- DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS
How to Add a New Animal ID:
- Log-in to 4HOnline using your family email.
- Go to the Member page (Click on “Continue to Family”).
- Scroll down to list of family members and click on “Edit” next to your name (just like when you were registering).
- Click on the “Animal/Livestock” button toward the top.
- Under Add an Animal, choose an Animal Type.
- Click “Add Animal”.
- Fill out the information (bold is required).
- Add attachments (Horse – photos of right side, left side and front; Dog – one photo, copy of vet records). (NO requirement for “county use form”)
- Click on “Save”.
How to ReActivate an Animal ID:
1. Log-in to 4HOnline using your family email.
2. Go to the Member page (click on “Continue to Family”).
3. Scroll down to list of family members and click on edit next to your name (just like when you were registering).
4. Click on the “Animal/Livestock” button at the top.
5. Under Animal List, click next to each animal you wish to ID for this year.
6. Click “Activate Animal(s)”.
7. Click on “Edit/View” next to the animals name to view and make corrections to an ID. When done, click on “Save”.
How to View/Print an Animal ID:
- Log-in to 4HOnline using your family email.
- Go to the Member page (click on “Continue to Family”).
- Scroll down to list of family members and click on edit next to your name (just like when you were registering).
- Click on the “Animal/Livestock” button at the top.
- Click on the “Edit/View” button next to the animal.
- Click on “Print Animal Information” at the top.