Get Help On-lineClick here to expand or collapse this section, which contains information for on-line resources, publications, and blogs.
- CSU Extension has several publications for the Colorado gardener. Fact Sheet are available on: Gardening Basics, Diseases, Flowers, Fruits & Vegetables, Trees and Shrubs, and Yard. GardenNotes (Master Gardener Publications) are more in-depth information from Colorado Master Gardener training, and publications for sale on topics include: flowers, fruits and vegetables, gardening basics, household plants and insects, and trees & shrubs.
- Ask an Expert is where you get expert answers and help from Cooperative Extension/University staff and volunteers from across the United States.
- Planttalk Colorado provides information on over 500 horticulture topics from Colorado horticulturists and professionals.
- Plant Select program is a leading non-profit cultivator, distributor and educator of plants designed to thrive in the high plains and intermountain region.
- Co-Horts blog provides advice and observations from your CSU Extension Horticulture Agents and Specialists.
- Visit the Boulder County Colorado Master Gardener Facebook page, filled with tips and fun information.
- The Boulder County Emerald Ash Borer Response Team, with information on the Emerald Ash Borer, a destructive invasive insect.
- Other blogs and online resources:
Services AvailableClick here to expand or collapse this section, which contains information on the Gardening Help Desk, plant diagnostic services for home owners and the green industry.
The Colorado Master Gardener help desk in Boulder County is open for phone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations every MWF, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. from March 1 through October 31. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact by phone at 303-678-6388.
Diagnostic services available: the CSU Extension Boulder County plant diagnostic services consist of paid staff and volunteers with specialized training in plant problem diagnosis through visual inspection and microscopy.
1. Visual plant diagnostics for identification of diseases, disorders, and insects. $7 Boulder County resident; $11 non-resident
2. Weed/Plant ID $4 each; Boulder county residents first 2 free.
3. Virus testing for Cucumber Mosaic virus, Impatiens Necrotic Spot virus, Tomato Spotted Wilt virus, and Tobacco Mosaic virus. $25
** Please note that no hardwood tree samples less than four feet in length can be taken out of Boulder County due to the Emerald Ash Borer quarantine.
Request a Site VisitClick here to expand or collapse this section, which contains information on how to book a LawnCheck, TreeCheck, Homeowner's Association, or Green Industry site visit.
LawnChecks is an on-site, lawn consultation service for home owners, for a fee of $75 per hour, per property.
Tree Team site visits are available for home owners, for a visual diagnosis of up to 2 trees per property. Fee $25 per tree. Contact the Master Gardener help desk to begin the diagnostic process for helping solve your tree issue. email@example.com or 303-678-6388
HOA site visits are on-site consultations provided to property managers and HOA landscape committees for a fee of $75 per hour. To schedule your site visit email Deryn Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main desk at 303-678-6238.
Green Industry site visits are on-site visits for people working in the green industry (nurseries, arborists, landscape professionals, design, etc). To schedule your site visit email Deryn Davidson at email@example.com or call the main desk at 303-678-6238.