Due to the COVID 19 outbreak, Boulder County has closed our offices to the general public. CSU Extension staff will be working remotely at this time. Please contact us by e-mail or leave a voice message through the office. Office Staff will be monitoring these communication lines and will respond as we are able. Email will be the most reliable communication measure for the time being. Thank you for your patience!
COVID-19 – March 19, 2020
click here===> Update for Boulder County 4-H Programming
FEMA has compiled a list of resources filled with helpful answers to important questions. Click here to find Resources for the Private Sector
COVID-19 Virtual 4-H Resources and Activities – we’ve created a page for all the news, resources and activities available to Boulder County 4-H. We’ll be adding to the page, so check back often! Click on the links to go directly to the page.
TeamUp Calendar – Check out all the virtual events
Boulder County Fair- Laura Boldt, Fair Manager
To our Junior Fair exhibitors, the public entertainment portion of the Boulder County Fair is cancelled, however, your work and projects are very important to us. Boulder County hopes to support a “modified” fair that will focus on the important 4-H activities only, including market sale, while ensuring the safety and health of the exhibitors, families, judges and support volunteers. The Fair Board, staff and superintendents along with Boulder County Extension will work to put together plans to exhibit your projects virtually and in a limited capacity on the fairgrounds. Please stay tuned for further updates regarding competitions during the Fair.
From the Fairgrounds:
On Behalf of the Boulder County Fairgrounds – Scheduling Office
Fairground Camping Reservations. We are still in discussion in preparation for the modified 4-H Fair Activity. Taking reservations for camping at the Fair is on hold until further notice. When our final plans are approved, we will determine if camping will be an option.
The Boulder County Fairgrounds scheduling office has been given guidance from Boulder County Officials to keep the Boulder County Fairgrounds closed through July 31, 2020.
This means no events or meetings will take place through the month of July.
1. The dump station at the campground. This will be open from 8am-4pm daily except for some holidays.
2. The public riding arena will be open from dawn to dusk effective June 1st. Please use social distancing practices while using arena. The gates will not be sanitized after each use so take precautions.
3. The Farmers Market has been deemed essential business, so will operate with social distancing/limitation procedures in place.
4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization. Fueled by a university-backed curriculum, 4-H members engage in hands-on learning in science, healthy living and food safety. Learn about 4-H
Pick a Project or learn the latest about your projects.
Get More Information by Project Area:
What’s Happening in 4-H?
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, October 1, 2019.
NEW this 19-20 4-H year — Lease-An-Alpaca
Important Member Information
- Exhibit Report for Non-Interview Projects
- BCF Fairgrounds Map
- 2020 BCF Livestock Schedule ** Coming soon
- Animal ID for Dog and Horse Projects on 4HOnline, and Non-Market ID forms
- Register for an Event on 4-H Online
- Health Form directions
- Premise ID
- MQA/Animal Care Training Calendar
- Public Speaking Contest – qualifies for State Conference