|Designed for members who are interested in learning more about dogs, how to care for a dog, and how to train a dog in basic and advanced commands. The dog project is unique and is not meant to conform to AKC dog show or other professional standards.|
MEET OUR TEAM!
We are ready to help and support you in your 4-H journey.
IN THE KNOW
Hey Dog owners:
A contagious illness leading to upper respiratory infection in Colorado dogs has been linked to cases of severe pneumonia and, tragically, resulted in some fatalities. Let’s keep our furry friends safe by following these recommendations.
Check out the full details from the Colorado State University Veterinary Hospital. https://cvmbs.source.colostate.edu/respiratory-illness…/
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. Record books have a few times to be checked on progress throughout the year:
1. June- your 4-H leader will be sure your books are started and up to date.
2. Prior to showing at the Boulder County Fair, your record books will be checked by your superintendent to be sure they are up to date and complete as can be in order to participate and show at the fair.
3. Dogs will use the Dog Record Book. Final Dog record books are due to be received at the extension office by the last Thursday in September. (please note: your 4-H Leader may need an earlier deadline for review and signatures.)
BOULDER COUNTY FAIR
DOG PROJECT RESOURCES
Dog Project Resources
All project manuals are received through the Extension office. These will be distributed to 4-H members through their organizational leaders (club leaders) after enrollment is complete. For more information on enrollment visit Join 4-H.
Open to all 4-H Members enrolled in the Dog Project in any club in Boulder County.
- 2023 County Training Schedule
- Boulder County Training Placement Guide Use this guide to determine which level of training in which you should compete and train in obedience, showmanship or rally.
- Colorado State Fair 4-H Dog Show – Contest Requirements
- County Fair 4-H Dog show – Contest Requirements
- Beginner Novice A & C1 Level Exercises
- Beginner Novice A & C1 Scoresheet
- Beginner Novice B & C2 Level Exercises
- Beginner Novice B & C2 Scoresheet
- Novice A & B Exercises
- Novice A & B Scoresheets
- Rally Signs to Print
- Directions for Rally Signs
- Sample Novice Rally Course
- Sample Novice Advanced Course
Showmanship Study Guides
Fair participants will be given 5 of the 10 questions to answer. Correct answers are worth 2 pts each for a maximum of 10 points on the Showmanship scoresheet.
- Junior Dog Questions 2022
- Intermediate Dog Questions 2022
- Senior Dog Questions 2022
- Dog Body Parts Guide
- External Body Parts Guide
In order to declare your project animal(s), Dog project members must complete an Animal ID on 4HOnline for each dog in their project.
Members showing at the Boulder County Fair or Colorado State Fair are only eligible to show the dogs they have ID completely (including required pictures/records) on 4HOnline by the deadline.
- 4-H animal ID forms – DOG
DOG ADVISORY COMMITTEE