Visit our Colorado State Extension office for more news, tools and resources.

Close Icon
The Extension office provides assistance and programs for the community without discrimination in five main areas: 4-H Youth Programs, Agriculture, Community Health, Horticulture, and Small Acreage Management.

Small Acreage Management   arrow

Colorado pastureland with fence

How do I set up a grazing pasture management plan? In what ways should I deal with the weeds in my pasture, and can I expect to produce forage on my property?  If you have these questions or others about your small acreage, the SAM program can assist you. We can provide advice on pasture management, weed management and other issues commonly encountered by small acreage owners. Call the Boulder County Extension Office number at 303-678-6238 and ask to be placed in the Small Acreage Management voice mailbox or e-mail Small Acreage Management volunteers will return your call within a day. Hablamos espanol.

See tabs on the right for topic areas.

Small Acreage Management Volunteer Program

Applications are not currently being accepted.

Volunteers are trained to help clients deal with pasture management issues, and most are small acreage owners themselves. Subjects include; grazing, weed ID, weed control, fire mitigation, etc.

Colorado State University Small Acreage Management