Swarm Season is Almost Here!
If you have a swarm of honeybees in your yard, call the swarm hotline and a local beekeeper will come remove it for you and give them a new home.
BCBA Swarm Hotline Direct 970-213-3099
CSBA Swarm Hotline 844-779-2337 (844-SPY-BEES), Option 3
Gardeners Can Make a Difference – Help Protect Native Pollinators & Honeybees
Gardeners can make a difference for pollinators and honeybees. A pollinator-friendly yard not only provides nectar and pollen for the pollinators, but also nesting sites and/or host plants on which pollinators can lay their eggs. When the eggs hatch, the leaves of the host plant are instant food.
Colorado Pollinator Network
“The Colorado Pollinator Network was established in 2016 with a mission to bring organizations together to work collaboratively to conserve, protect and create pollinator habitat while educating communities across the state of Colorado to protect our pollinators. The Network allows for organizations and individuals throughout Colorado to collaborate to make a positive impact on the health of our state pollinators. This group shares information about the best practices, resources and knowledge to support education initiatives, conservation, restoration and creation of habitat and research on pollinators in the state.”
- Attracting Butterflies to the Garden
- Gardening & Landscaping Practices for Nesting Native Bees
- Designing A Native Plant Garden
- Low Water Native Plants & Pollinators
- 5 Things Kids can do to Help Pollinators
- Nests For Native Bees
- Pollinator Habitat on Small Acreage
- Pollinator Habitat Resource Guide (Intro)
- Pollinator Plant & Seed Resources 2020
- Pollinator Syndromes
- Tunnel Nest Management Xerces Society
CSU Insect Information – This is a listing of about 200 downloadable fact sheets related to insects and other “bugs” found in in Colorado. It contains fact sheets that are written for the Colorado Arthropods of Interest series and the Extension fact sheets that are related to insects.
Native Plants Demonstration Gardens to Visit in Colorado
- High Plains Demonstration Garden – This is the High Plains Environmental Center (HPEC) in Loveland, Colorado, an urban environmental park that is open to the public from sunrise to sunset 365 days a year.
- Native Plant Demonstration Garden at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds at 15200 West 6th Avenue Golden, CO 80401
- Native Plant Demonstration Garden at the Boulder County Fairgrounds at 9595 Nelson Road Longmont, CO 80501
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, 183 Gore Creek Dr, Vail, Colorado
- Denver Botanical Garden Native Collection, 1007 York Street Denver, Colorado