Are you a 4-H member who wants to have a say in what happens in Boulder County 4-H? Join our 4-H Youth Council and become a part of our team of young leaders who help shape the future of our program!
What is the Youth Council?
The Boulder County 4-H Youth Council is like a special club within 4-H, made up of kids and teenagers just like you. We’re the ones who help decide what cool things 4-H will do, plan exciting activities, and make the 4-H experience even better for everyone.
Why Should You Join?
- Have a Voice: You get to share your ideas and opinions about 4-H, so you can help make it more awesome.
- Plan Fun Events: You’ll have the chance to organize and run events that other 4-H members will enjoy.
- Leadership Skills: Being a part of the Youth Council is a great way to develop leadership skills and make a positive impact in your 4-H community.
- Meet New Friends: You’ll meet other 4-H members who are passionate about making 4-H the best it can be.
- Make a Difference: Your contributions to the Youth Council can shape the future of 4-H in Boulder County.
Our monthly Youth Council meetings are designed to be accessible to everyone. They are typically held in person but also available virtually. All meetings take place on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM, with the exception of January, July, and September when they occur on the 2nd Wednesday.
If you prefer to attend the meeting virtually, please register through the TEAMUP CALENDAR meeting link to receive access to the Zoom meeting. This way, you can join in from the comfort of your home and still be a part of the decision-making and planning processes.
If you’re a 4-H member and want to be a part of something special, consider joining the Boulder County 4-H Youth Council. Your ideas and energy can help us create a fantastic 4-H experience for everyone!
Congratulations to our new youth council officer team! These individuals will begin their term in September.
2023-2024 Youth Council Officer Team
|Vice President||Brielle Upchurch|
|Rec Leader||Brielle Upchurch|
|Rec Leader||August Bennett|
Senators: Boulder County Representatives at the State Level
|Adult Advisor||Gayla Mortenson|
|Adult Advisor||Brian Garcia|
- Officer Application
- State Event Scholarship Request Form
- Team and National Event Stipend Form
Club Officer Resources
4-H Advisory Council/4-H Adult Collaborative
The 4-H Advisory Council, also known as the Adult 4-H Advisory Council or 4-H Adult Collaborative, is a group that aims to help parents, leaders, and Specialists in Boulder County 4-H stay informed and connected. Their mission is to achieve this by doing a few important things:
- Sharing Information: They keep people in the 4-H community up to date about upcoming events and activities. This helps everyone know what’s happening in 4-H.
- Discussing Programs and Processes: The council talks about the different programs and ways things are done in 4-H. They might suggest improvements or changes to make things better.
- Providing Resources and Education: They offer resources and knowledge to help 4-H members, parents, and leaders learn and grow.
- Creating a Networking Forum: The council serves as a place where 4-H leaders can connect, share ideas, and learn from each other. It’s like a club where people can help each other.
The council has monthly meetings, which you can attend either in person or virtually through Zoom. The meetings are typically on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. However, in July and September, they are on the second Wednesday. To join the Zoom meeting, you need to register through the TEAMUP CALENDAR meeting link. This way, you can participate and be part of the 4-H community, even if you can’t be there in person.
Held annually on the second Wednesday in December. Join us for food, fun, and a Community Service project. Get to know other 4-H members and celebrate the start of a new 4-H year! Open to all 4-H members!
Youth Council Summer Picnic
Held annually on the second Wednesday in July. We encourage all new members to attend and ask any questions they may have about the upcoming fair. We will have games and treats for all attendees.
The annual fundraiser held during the Boulder County Fair to support the youth development opportunities and activities of Boulder County 4-H Youth. See you all next year for a milkshake!