4-H Enrollment in Boulder County
Welcome to Boulder County 4-H! Please see directions for member and family enrollment:
Members and families – 4HOnline 2.0 Enrollment tip sheet for families
Returning Volunteers – 4HOnline 2.0 Volunteer Renewal Guide
UPDATE: Volunteer Enrollment Tip Sheet 11-6-20
1) Pick out projects of Interest
Check out the 4-H projects
Details & list links – It may be helpful to figure out which projects the member might do right away. Club choice is often influenced by project choice.
2) Choose a local 4-H Club
Check out the Boulder County Club directory –
Club Directory link – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
Call & visit clubs –
Members and their family may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
Confirm your club choice –
Before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
3) Enroll or Re-enroll in 4-H
- Complete online enrollment (directions for enrollment) – enrollment is through 4-H Online which can be accessed at v2.4HOnline.com, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “pending”. (Check junk mail for this email) And then…
- To complete your Boulder County 4-H enrollment: needed forms are below or available from your club leader
- > Animal Care and Housing (Required for livestock and horse projects)> Premises ID > Enrollment Scholarship Application Form
- Return enrollment and pay fee to club leader (NOT to Extension Office)
- Options to pay fees to your club leader include cash or check, or
- Using our online option is another acceptable way to pay your enrollment fees for 4-H online. This service to collect your enrollment fees is offered as a convenience for our families. In order for this to work, families will need to forward their receipt to their club leader.
- Are you a new volunteer? Contact Lisa Wallace email@example.com or 303-678-6384
- Are you a returning volunteer? Download directions for returning enrollment
Enrollment fee schedule:
Fees for participation in 4-H for the 2022-23 year are as follows:
- 4-H Member Enrollment—$40.00. Late fee for returning members if after last Friday in January – $20.00
- Cloverbud Enrollment—$40.00
- Separate charge for manuals. Please consult your Organizational Leader
- Shooting Sports fee – $20.00 fee payable to your club leaders along with t-shirt size. Please continue to monitor the Shooting Sports program for State issued changes.
- Second Club enrollment— no additional fee
- Family maximum payment for enrollment — $ 120.00. Late fee for returning families if after last Friday in January – $180.00
- Leaders – Current Leaders—no charge; New Leaders — $5.00 for background check
- Scholarships – There are needs-based enrollment scholarships available upon request. Applications can be found at Boulder4H.org, Enroll in 4-H; or contact the Extension office for details.
- Members and Leaders will be “active” in 4-H Online once the forms and fees have been turned in by the Club Leader to the Extension Office.
Questions? Contact the Extension Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help you navigate your first year in 4-H:
> 4-H Participation Checklist – coming soon
> Parent Handbook – coming soon
Self Calculating Publication Order Form
ADDITIONAL FORMS you may need depending on your project:
Equine Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
5 Completion Requirements for Boulder County 4-H Projects
4-H Year runs from October through September
Earlier deadlines for enrollment equals better support for the following reasons:
- to help leaders plan for the year,
- for members to complete all requirements, and
- risk management including for insurance and coverage protection of code of conduct, etc.
The following schedule has been developed:
- Last Thursday in January (January 26, 2023) – re-enrollment for all returning members. Returning members need to be enrolled in 4HOnline and money received by the organizational leaders and then received by the Extension Office.
- January 26, 2023 – Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) – $20.00 late fee will be applied for returning member re-enrollments
- Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) – Deadline for project add/drop and the final day to enroll in 4-H and be eligible to participate in the 2023 Boulder County Fair.
Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) deadline for returning members to re-enroll in order to participate in the 2023 Boulder County Fair.
Enrollment in 4-H remains open all year round with certain Exhibit limitations. Please contact an agent if you have concerns.
Questions? Please call the Extension Office at 303-678-6238, Brenda Kwang, County Specialist CSU Extension 4-H Youth Development/Livestock and Animals email@example.com, Faith Kroschel, 4-H Youth Development/ Outreach county Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org.
4-H Enrollment Membership Special Variance Transfer Application
For use in the Front Range counties of: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder/Broomfield, Douglas, Jefferson, Larimer and Weld