Our 4-H year runs from October – September
ENROLLMENT STEPS FOR MEMBERS:
Pick a project
Check out the 4-H projects
Details & list links – It may be helpful to figure out which projects the member might do right away. Club choice is often influenced by project choice.
What is a project?
A 4-H project is like a learning adventure! It’s a hands-on activity or topic you choose to explore and learn more about. It could be about animals, cooking, robotics, gardening, photography, or even leadership skills. You dive into the project, set goals, and work on it with guidance from 4-H leaders. It’s a fun way to learn, make friends, and grow your skills!
Select a club
Check out the Boulder County Club directory –
Club Directory link – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
Call & visit clubs –
Members and their families may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
Confirm your club choice –
Before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
Enroll/Re-enroll in 4-H
Complete online enrollment (directions for enrollment) – enrollment is through 4-H Online which can be accessed at v2.4HOnline.com, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “pending”. (Check junk mail for this email) And then…
To complete your Boulder County 4-H enrollment: the needed forms are below or available from your club leader
Return enrollment and pay fee to club leader (NOT to Extension Office)
Options to pay fees to your club leader include cash or check, or Using our online portal is another acceptable way to pay your enrollment fees for 4-H online.
*This service to collect your enrollment fees is offered as a convenience for our families. In order for this to work, families will need to forward their receipt to their club leader.
- Are you a new volunteer? Contact Lisa Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-678-6384
- Are you a returning volunteer? Download directions for returning enrollment
Enrollment fee schedule:
Fees for participation in 4-H for the 2022-23 year are as follows:
- 4-H Member Enrollment—$40.00. Late fee for returning members if after last Friday in January – $20.00
- Cloverbud Enrollment—$40.00
- Separate charge for manuals. Please consult your Organizational Leader
- Shooting Sports fee – $20.00 fee payable to your club leaders along with t-shirt size. Please continue to monitor the Shooting Sports program for State issued changes.
- Second Club enrollment— no additional fee
- Family maximum payment for enrollment — $ 120.00. Late fee for returning families if after last Friday in January – $180.00
- Leaders – Current Leaders—no charge; New Leaders — $5.00 for background check
- Scholarships – There are needs-based enrollment scholarships available upon request. Applications can be found at Boulder4H.org, Enroll in 4-H; or contact the Extension office for details.
- Members and Leaders will be “active” in 4-H Online once the forms and fees have been turned in by the Club Leader to the Extension Office.
Questions? Contact the Extension Office 4hinfo@bouldercounty.
4-H Year runs from October through September
Earlier deadlines for enrollment equals better support for the following reasons:
- to help leaders plan for the year,
- for members to complete all requirements, and
- risk management including for insurance and coverage protection of code of conduct, etc.
The following schedule has been developed:
- Last Thursday in January (January 26, 2023) – re-enrollment for all returning members. Returning members need to be enrolled in 4HOnline and money received by the organizational leaders and then received by the Extension Office.
- January 26, 2023 – Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) – $20.00 late fee will be applied for returning member re-enrollments
- Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) – Deadline for project add/drop and the final day to enroll in 4-H and be eligible to participate in the 2023 Boulder County Fair.
Last Thursday in April (April 27, 2023) deadline for returning members to re-enroll in order to participate in the 2023 Boulder County Fair.
Enrollment in 4-H remains open all year round with certain Exhibit limitations. Please contact an agent if you have concerns.
Questions? Please call the Extension Office at 303-678-6238, Brenda Kwang, County Specialist CSU Extension 4-H Youth Development/Livestock and Animals email@example.com, Faith Kroschel, 4-H Youth Development/ Outreach county Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org.