4-H Enrollment in Boulder County
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR THE 2018-19 4-H YEAR!
(Enrollment begins Oct 16)
1) Pick out projects of Interest
- Check out the 4-H projects (go to details and list links) – It may be helpful to figure out which projects the member might do right away. Club choice is often influenced by project choice.
2) Choose a local 4-H Club
- Check out the Boulder County Club directory (go to directory link) – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
- Call and visit clubs – members and their family may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
- Confirm your club choice – before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
3) Enroll or Re-enroll in 4-H
- Are you a new volunteer? Contact Lisa Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-678-6384
- Are you a returning volunteer? Download directions for returning enrollment)
- Complete online enrollment (directions for enrollment) – enrollment is through 4-H Online which can be accessed at co.4honline.com, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “pending”. (Check junk mail for this email) And then…
- To complete your Boulder County 4-H enrollment: (enrollment guidelines and fees) needed forms are below or available from your club leader
- > Animal Care and Housing (Required for livestock and horse projects)> Premises ID > Enrollment Scholarship Application Form
- Return enrollment and pay fee to club leader (NOT to Extension Office)
- New Way to Pay: We are excited to offer a new way to pay your enrollment fees for 4-H. We plan to use Eventbrite to collect your enrollment fees as a convenience for our families. (Additional Eventbrite fees will apply to the enrollment fees.) Watch for the link for the online payment option. In order for this to work, families will need to “print their ticket” showing they have paid for their enrollment. The ticket will then need to be emailed or given to your club leader showing proof of online payment.
Enrollment fee schedule:
Fees for participation in 4-H for the 2017-18 year are as follows:
- 4-H Member Enrollment—$40.00
- Cloverbud Enrollment—$40.00
- Separate charge for manuals. Please consult your Organizational Leader
- Shooting Sports fee – $20.00 fee payable to your club leaders along with t-shirt size. Please continue to monitor the Shooting Sports program for State issued changes.
- Second Club enrollment— no additional fee
- Family maximum payment for initial enrollment — $ 120.00.
- Leaders – Current Leaders—no charge; New Leaders — $5.00 for background check
- Scholarships – There are needs-based enrollment scholarships available upon request. Applications can be found at Boulder4H.org, Enroll in 4-H; or contact the Extension office for details.
- Members and Leaders will be “active” in 4-H Online once the forms and fees have been turned in by the Club Leader to the Extension Office.
Have questions? Contact Audra Harders at the Extension Office 303-678-6238.
To help you navigate your first year in 4-H:
ADDITIONAL FORMS you may need depending on your project:
Equine Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement – both Youth and Adult forms – is a triplicate form and must be obtained from a Leader or Extension Office. *Not available
4-H Year runs from October through September
Earlier deadlines for enrollment equals better support for the following reasons:
- to help leaders plan for the year,
- for members to complete all requirements, and
- risk management including for insurance and coverage protection of code of conduct, etc.
The following schedule has been developed:
- Second Friday in January (January 11, 2019) – re-enrollment for all returning members. Returning members need to be enrolled in 4HOnline and money received by the organizational leaders and then received by the Extension Office.
- January 12, 2019 – Last Friday in April (April 26, 2019) – $20.00 late fee will be applied for returning member re-enrollments
- Last Friday in April (April 26, 2019) – Deadline for project add/drop and the final day to enroll in 4-H and be eligible to participate in the 2018 Boulder County Fair.
Last Friday in April (April 26, 2019) deadline for returning members to re-enroll in order to participate in the Boulder County Fair.
Enrollment in 4-H remains open all year round with certain Exhibit limitations. Please contact an agent if you have concerns.
Questions? Please call the Extension Office at 303-678-6238.