Interested in Becoming a 4-H Volunteer in Boulder County?
1. Resource Volunteer
Provide a one time presentation, demonstration, clinic to a club or 4-H group. This DOES NOT require the volunteer to become an authorized 4-H leader. (An authorized 4-H leader must always be present at event/meetings) To get started, connect with a current 4-H project or club leader or contact the Extension Office for ideas.
2. Project Leader
Project Leaders are important for providing learning opportunities in a wide variety of 4-H project topics. Volunteer Project Leaders ARE REQUIRED to become an authorized 4-H leader.
To Get Started:
- Chose a project from the 4-H Project offerings.
- Contact the Extension office (303) 678-6238 to confirm your interest (REQUIRED)
- Become familiar with the project by reading project manual, viewing exhibits at the fair and connecting with other volunteers or members working in this project
- Set up a place and date for project meetings, clinics, or workshops
- Advertise in the 4-H newsletter. Send a flyer/article to Audra – email@example.com
3. Club Leader
First, attend an interview/orientation with Extension staff. Training is provided throughout the year, along with continual support for fellow club leaders and Extension staff. Club Leaders are provided with a club start up kit. This role requires the volunteer to become an authorized 4-H leader.
4. New 4-H leaders in Boulder County
- Check out the Boulder County Club Directory – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
- Call & visit clubs – members and their family may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
- Confirm your club choice – before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
- Complete online enrollment – enrollment is through 4-H Online, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “awaiting review”. (Check junk mail for this email)
- After your enrollment is “awaiting review” you will receive an email with further instructions.
4-H Year runs from October through December.
Have questions? Contact Lisa or Audra at the Extension Office 303-678-6238.