|Dairy Cattle Project Superintendent:|
|Tina Pohlmann ~ firstname.lastname@example.org.|
About the Dairy Cattle Project
For members who want to learn more about dairy animals and who may want to care for and raise one (or more) female dairy animal.
There are six different dairy breeds to choose from with many pluses for each breed. They come in many sizes and colors, all have unique personalities and can be very gentle. Now you can learn about dairy cattle without having to actually deal with having to milk the cow. Boulder County 4-H gives you the opportunity to be able to raise/buy a dairy replacement heifer (DRH) that you can sell at the Livestock Market Sale at the county fair. It’s simple, just look over the following rules, and apply. Please review the Dairy Steering Program rules as well.
Record Books / e-records
4-H Record Books are also called e-Records. Each project has its own record book that members are required to complete each year. Record books have a few times to be checked on progress throughout the year:
1. June- your 4-H leader will be sure your books are started and up to date.
2. Prior to showing at the Boulder County Fair, your record books will be checked by your superintendent to be sure they are up to date and complete as can be in order to participate and show at the fair.
3. Final Companion animal record books are due to be received at the extension office by the second Friday in September. (please note: your 4-H Leader may need an earlier deadline for review and signatures.)
For an => Introduction to the User Guide
- Dairy Cattle Project and Tips sheet
- Dairy Cattle ID form
- DHRP Nomination Form – updated 11.10.22
- DHRP Rules – updated 11.10.22
- Dairy Steer Program (DSP) Rules – updated 11.10.2022
- Dairy Steer Nomination Form -Updated 02.13.2023
Events & Opportunities
No currents events scheduled