4-H Lease An Animal
Do you want to participate in 4-H with an animal project or livestock, but you don’t live on a farm? Are you interested in learning about raising animals and their care?
New in 2022-2023 we will be allowing leased animals in some departments for the 4-H livestock program. Leased animals are not allowed as market animals. Other animals may be leased pending approval from the Boulder County 4-H County Extension Specialist for Livestock (4-H Agent).
WE NEED YOU!
- If you are an adult community member and own livestock you are willing to lease, please consider applying to be a farm/barn manager.
- It is a rewarding experience to help teach youth about animals in the 4-H Program.
- The application can be found HERE.
ARE YOU A YOUTH PARTICIPANT:
- Youth between the ages of 8 to 18 as of December 31st of the program year are eligible to participate.
- Join 4-H and a 4-H Club.
- Connect with a 4-H Barn/Farm Manager and have their approval to use their animals.
- Complete the application agreement. The application for youth can be found HERE
- (Note: as of this time, we do not have any available animals open for lease.) However, we are always open to recruiting new adult volunteers and their animals to share. Please spread the word.
- We hope to match interested 4-H members with adult 4-H volunteers.
Want to learn more? Contact Lisa Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org at the Boulder County Extension Office and ask about the Leased Animal options for this year.