Padlet – Our 4-H Marketplace Solution
Use this for re-homing 4-H equipment, show clothing, project materials, etc. – anything you might have outgrown or no longer need and think another 4-H member might use. Use the template and be specific in your product and description. Just click on the Padlet logo and buy or browse!
Virtual Exhibit Tips
The Boulder County Fairbook is a guide to complete 4-H project learning objectives in a non-virtual environment. The items suggested in the Virtual Exhibit Tips & uploaded into FairEntry will allow the judge to evaluate the project learning objectives in a virtual environment. Please use the documents together for success.
Fair Entry & Signups Open – July 15th
Fair Entry & Signups Close: – July 22nd
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
For all projects, members will register for Fair via FairEntry beginning July 15; it will close on July 22. DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL ALL FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE UPLOADED THEIR PROJECT MATERIALS. We will open up reservations for Zoom (virtual) judging time slots on July 15 through SignupGenius (link coming). Breaks & lunch will be built into the available time slots. Zoom interviews will take place on July 30. Members will have the option to either have a virtual interview or to submit an absentee judging form (attached) when they enter through Fair Entry. We highly suggest a virtual interview to receive the best feedback from the judges. Judges will have access to begin reviewing the member uploads beginning July 27. Use the Virtual Exhibit Tips sheet for specific items to have prepared for upload.
Photography and Foods: Nutrition & Preservation Projects
Members must submit their projects through the same FairEntry process and use SignupGenius to arrange their interview times. Open and close dates will be the same. Additionally, these project members have the opportunity for in-person interviews with a Judge. The interviews will be limited, socially distanced, require facial coverings and will be scheduled. In-person interviews will be held July 28 beginning at 9 AM in the Exhibit Building. Members will need to provide a virtual submission through FairEntry and will have these options for their interviews:
1) Arrive for interview at scheduled time with project in hand and have a in-person interview with social distancing protocols in place (most similar to previous years).
2) Drop-off project and record book and have a scheduled virtual interview through Zoom.
3) Drop off project and record book and absentee interview form.
4) Indicate they will use virtual submission, including the absentee interview form and not participate in a in-person or virtual interview.
These are the files to plan for FairEntry upload:
- Photos (1-5 depending on project)
- Record Book & all supplemental pages
- Display board (if required by project) in either a photo of physical board or digital format (PPT)
- Optional: Judging Form
- Optional: URL link to video of Project (3 minute limit)
Interview Signup Genius links – sent by email 7/15!
County Fair Exhibit Requirements and Forms (goes to Boulder County Fair website)
Colorado State Fair (goes to the Colorado State Fair link page)