County & State Fairs: 4-H Exhibit Opportunities
Boulder County Fair
County Fair is an exciting time of the year for our 4-H members because it is their chance to show off how hard they have worked all year! Fair is not required for 4-H members but is the number one choice for exhibiting a 4-H project. The public delights in seeing the various exhibits and contests, and who doesn’t enjoy some fair food? This opportunity is provided by the Boulder County Fair Board, Boulder County 4-H Extension, Boulder County Fairgrounds, and Boulder County Commissioners.
See the Boulder County Fair Website for schedules, rules, entry forms, and more under the “Exhibitor” tab.
- Boulder County Fair Exhibit Report – Use this form when you can not be present during County Fair Interview Day. This form replaces your project interview with the judge.
- Fairbook (Exhibit Rules) — 4-H and FFA Livestock Fairbook
- Fair Schedule — 2023 4-H and FFA Livestock Fairbook
- Product Sale — Information
- Jr Market Livestock Sale — Information
Colorado State Fair
State Fair Packet: Contest Information & Exhibit Requirements
- Contest: Photo, Cake Decorating, Creative Cooks, Demonstration and Illustrated Talks, Dog Trials, Fashion Revue, Robotics Challenge, Rocketry, Shooting Sports, Silk Exhibit, Performing Arts Show
- Information for Camp Tobin, Teen Clerk, Day Passes
- General and Consumer Science Projects
- Information on how to deliver qualifying items for State Fair will be made available to qualifying members at County Fair.
Want to exhibit your 4-H animal project at state fair? Go to the State Fair website, click on “Events”, “Competitive Event”s, and choose Livestock, Horse or Small Animal.