Visit our Colorado State Extension office for more news, tools and resources.

Close Icon
The Extension office provides assistance and programs for the community in five main areas: Agriculture, Horticulture, Family and Consumer Science, Natural Resources and 4-H Youth Programs.

Small Acreage Management   arrow

Small Acreage Management

How do I set up a grazing management plan?  How do I deal with the weeds in my pasture?  How much forage can I expect to produce on my property?  If you have these questions or others about your small acreage, the SAM program can assist you.  We can provide advice on pasture management, weed management and other issues commonly encountered by small acreage owners.  Call the main Boulder County Extension Office number at 303-678-6238 and ask to be placed in the Small Acreage Management voice mailbox or e-mail  Small Acreage Management volunteers will return your call within a day.

See tabs on the right for topic areas.

Small Acreage Management Volunteer Program

Applications are not currently being accepted.

Advise small acreage owners on management (grazing, weed ID, weed control, fire mitigation, etc.)