Are you prepared if your property is in a wildfire’s or flood’s path of destruction? What about if you get snowed in for several days or your electricity goes out. Can you safely evacuate your family and livestock? Being prepared for natural disasters will help you survive and reduce your stress level during a disaster.
- Protect your Home, Property & Forest from Wildfire
- Post Fire Rehab FAQ Calwood
- Boulder County Flood Resources
- Boulder County Office of Emergency Management
- Boulder OEM Disaster Preparedness Guide
- Colorado State Forest Service
- CSU Disaster Resources
- CSU Veterinary Extension Resources
- Extension Disaster Education Network
- Ready Colorado
- Red Cross
Equine & Livestock Management in a Disaster
- Caring for Livestock After Disaster
- Caring for Livestock Before Disaster
- Caring for Livestock During Disaster
- Wildfire Preparedness for Horse Owners
Wildfire Wednesdays Series – November
Every Wednesday in October we will be offering a free virtual webinar highlighting a relevant topic related to wildfire. Topics include fire behavior and ecology, home hardening and defensible space, fire resistant landscaping, and evacuation planning for you and your animals. Speakers are experts in their field from Colorado State University, Colorado State Forest Service, and Colorado State University Extension. See attached flyer for more details and please help spread the word to your contacts. Thanks and please reach out if you have any questions!
Whether you live in the mountains, foothills or plains, this series will provide information on wildfire and how to manage your property to provide the best chance for limiting damage.
You can find the link to all of the recorded presentations here.Click here for more on the Wildfire Wednesdays Series