About the 4-H Dog Project
Designed for members who are interested in learning more about dogs, how to care for a dog, and how to train a dog in basic and advanced commands. The dog project is unique and is not meant to conform to AKC dog show or other professional standards.
- CSU project Tip-Sheet
- Welcome to the Boulder County 4-H Dog Project!
|Dog ID on 4-H Online|
|County Dog Project Trainings||Fair Showmanship Questions|
|County Dog Project Training Resources||Colorado State Fair 4-H Dog Show – Contest Requirements|
|4-H Dog Events Calendar||County Fair 4-H Dog show – Contest Requirements|
- 2019 DOG SHOWS – County Fun Matches
- Fremont Dog Show Flyer 2019 – May 25 and July 20
- Douglas County 4-H Fun Dog Shows – May 11 and June 22
- Pueblo Pups and Hounds – May 4
Dog ID on 4-H Online
** Deadline: April 26, 2019 **
In order to declare your project animal(s), Dog project members must complete an Animal ID on 4HOnline for each dog in their project.
Members showing at the Boulder County Fair or Colorado State Fair are only eligible to show the dogs they have ID completely (including required pictures/records) on 4HOnline by the deadline.
Open to all 4-H Members enrolled in the Dog project in any club in Boulder County.
Open county workshops for all dog members
Use the guide above to help determine which level of training in which you should compete and train in obedience, showmanship or rally.
See link above for times and dates along with supplies lists and requirements of families, members, and dogs at county trainings.
County Dog Project Training Resources
- Beginner Novice A & C1 Level Exercises
- Beginner Novice A & C1 Scoresheet
- Beginner Novice B & C2 Level Exercises
- Beginner Novice B & C2 Scoresheet
- Novice A & B Exercises
- Novice A & B Scoresheets
- Rally Signs to Print
- Directions for Rally Signs
- Sample Novice Rally Course
- Sample Novice Advanced Course
2019 Fair Showmanship Questions (Study Guides)
Fair participants will be given 5 of the 10 questions to answer. Correct answers are worth 2 pts each for a maximum of 10 points on the Showmanship scoresheet.