4-H Volunteers in Boulder County
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A 4-H VOLUNTEER?
Provide a one time presentation, demonstration, clinic to a club or 4-H group
Does NOT require volunteer to become an authorized 4-H leader (an authorized 4-H leader must always be present at event/meetings)
Get Started: connect with a current 4-H project or club leader or contact the Extension Office for ideas
Project Leader – download job description
Project Leaders are important for providing learning opportunities in a wide variety of 4-H project topics.
Requires volunteer to become an authorized 4-H leader
- Chose a project from the 4-H project list (download list)
- Contact the Extension office (303) 678-6238 to confirm your interest (REQUIRED)
- Become a certified 4-H leader, download steps
- Become familiar with the project by reading project manual, viewing exhibits at the fair, and connecting with other volunteers or members working in this project
- Set up a place and date for project meetings, clinics, or workshops
- Advertise in the 4-H newsletter (send flyer/article to Audra – email@example.com)
Club Leader – download job description
Interview/Orientation with Extension staff
Training provided throughout the year, along with continual support for fellow club leaders and Extension staff
Provided with a club start up kit
Requires volunteer to become an authorized 4-H leader, Download Steps To Becoming A 4-H Leader.
- Check out the Boulder County Club directory (download directory) – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
- Call and visit clubs – members and their family may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
- Confirm your club choice – before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
3) Enroll or Re-enroll in 4-H (Are you a new leader? Click here for directions)
- Complete online enrollment (download directions) – enrollment is through 4-H Online which can be accessed at co.4honline.com, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “pending”. (Check junk mail for this email)
- Fill out paperwork: needed forms are below or available from your club leader> Member Participation
> Animal Care and Housing (Required for livestock and horse projects)
- Return paperwork and pay fee to club leader (NOT to Extension Office) – Enrollment fee – $40.00 for 4-H Members (which includes up to 4 projects); $25.00 for Cloverbuds. Family maximum for enrollment is $120.00. Members and Leader will be “active” in 4-H Online once the forms and fees have been turned in by the Club Leader to the Extension Office.
Have questions? Contact Lisa or Audra at the Extension Office 303-678-6238.
- 4-H Year runs from October through September
- Enrollment Deadline to Participate in Fair (first Friday in March) – Members can enroll any time during the year, but must be enrolled by this date in order to be eligible to participate in county and state fair.
- Project Add/Drop deadline (first Friday in May) – Members can add or drop projects on 4-H Online until March, further project changes during March and April can be requested by filling out an add/drop form in the Extension Office.