4-H Enrollment in Boulder County
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR THE 2016-17 4-H YEAR!
(Enrollment begins Oct 16)
1) Pick out projects of Interest
- Check out the 4-H projects (go to details and list links) – It may be helpful to figure out which projects the member might do right away. Club choice is often influenced by project choice.
2) Choose a local 4-H Club
- Check out the Boulder County Club directory (go to directory link) – This list contains club leader contact, meeting dates, and which projects each club supports.
- Call and visit clubs – members and their family may visit clubs until they find the club best fit for them. You do not have to be enrolled to visit clubs.
- Confirm your club choice – before enrolling online, let the club leader know that you would like to join their club.
3) Enroll or Re-enroll in 4-H (Are you a new volunteer? Download directions for volunteer enrollment)
- Complete online enrollment (directions for enrollment) – enrollment is through 4-H Online which can be accessed at co.4honline.com, you will be notified by email that your enrollment is “pending”. (Check junk mail for this email) And then…
- To complete your Boulder County 4-H enrollment: (enrollment guidelines and fees) needed forms are below or available from your club leader
- > Animal Care and Housing (Required for livestock and horse projects)> Enrollment Scholarship Application Form
- Return enrollment and pay fee to club leader (NOT to Extension Office)
Enrollment fee schedule:
Fees for participation in 4-H for the 2016-17 year are as follows:
- 4-H Member Enrollment—$40.00 which includes 4 projects.
- Additional projects over 4—$5.00 each
- Cloverbud Enrollment—$25.00
- Shooting Sports fee – $20.00 fee and required form remain the same. Please continue to monitor the Shooting Sports program for State issued changes.
- Second Club enrollment— no additional fee
- Family maximum payment for initial enrollment — $ 120.00.
- Leaders – Current Leaders—no charge; New Leaders — $5.00 for background check
- Scholarships – There are needs-based enrollment scholarships available upon request. Applications can be found at Boulder4H.org, Enroll in 4-H; or contact the Extension office for details.
- Each 4-H member is allowed 4 projects included in the initial fee. This 4 project allotment is transferable between clubs. Example: if you enroll in your Primary club and choose 2 projects, then enroll in a second club and choose 1 or 2 projects, you do not pay for additional projects. The four projects are NOT transferable between members. Projects selected over and above the initial 4 will incur a charge of $5.00 per project.
- Members and Leaders will be “active” in 4-H Online once the forms and fees have been turned in by the Club Leader to the Extension Office.
Have questions? Contact Audra Harders at the Extension Office 303-678-6238.
To help you navigate your first year in 4-H:
ADDITIONAL FORMS you may need depending on your project:
Equine Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement – both Youth and Adult forms – is a triplicate form and must be obtained from a Leader or Extension Office. *Not available
4-H Year runs from October through September
Earlier deadlines for enrollment equals better support for the following reasons:
- to help leaders plan for the year,
- for members to complete all requirements, and
- risk management including for insurance and coverage protection of code of conduct, etc.
The following schedule has been developed:
- December 15 – re-enrollment for all returning members. Returning members need to be enrolled in 4HOnline and money received by the organizational leaders and then received by the Extension Office.
- December 16th to January 31st – $10.00 late fee will be applied for returning member re-enrollments
- February 1st to April 1st – $20.00 late fee will be applied for returning member re-enrollments
- 1st Friday in May – Deadline for project add/drop
April 1st deadline for returning members to re-enroll in order to participate in the Boulder County Fair.
Enrollment in 4-H remains open all year round with certain Exhibit limitations.
Questions? Please call the Extension Office at 303-678-6238.